Chamber of Commerce (Inc.)
ABN 34 892 647 464 - INC9880093
The Lake Eucumbene Chamber of Commerce was established at a public meeting in December 2002 and since then it has worked hard to foster business and economic development throughout the area. The Chamber believes that active business and social policies lead to economic development, and that a healthy business and community environment are intertwined. The area it services is north and north-east of Lake Eucumbene in a 20 km radius centred around Adaminaby.
To improve the quality of life, wealth, sustainability and resilience of the Adaminaby district by strengthening and promoting its community, business and commercial sectors.
The LECC is committed to:
• Promoting Lake Eucumbene and adjacent Kosciusko National Park as economic assets that can be managed to contribute to regional economic productivity and growth;
• Facilitate small business development to grow the community's wealth and long term wellbeing;
• Manage the upkeep and currency of the visitadaminaby website;
• Functioning as an effective Chamber of Commerce and community association through representation and advocacy; coordination and facilitation of community building projects; and through networking and member services.
Wed. 20th June 2018
Members are notified that the AGM will be held at 6pm in the small dining room of the SnowGoose Hotel.
Thursday 26th April @ 6pm, at the Snowy Scheme Museum: public meeting with the Mayor and Deputy of the Snowy Monaro Regional Council, and Snowy Hydro's Dean Lynch and Charlie Litchfield.
Refreshments provided - for catering purposes please rsvp by Tuesday 24th April by email or phone 0408 338 363.
2017 Wed. 9th August 2017 @ 5.30pm in the meeting room of the Adaminaby Hall
Dean Lynch, Adminstrator of the Snowy Monaro Regional Council will speak about:
- the roll out of the Major Projects program
- other local issues
Mon 01/05/17 AGM @ 6pm
was held in the small dining room of the Snowgoose Hotel
New committee: Chair: Bill Leane; Deputy Chair: Ruth Cox; Secretary: Jan Leckström; Treasurer: Tim Corkill.
1. TUESDAY 20th December 2016 @ 5pm
There will be a MEETING ABOUT THE FUTURE OPERATION OF THE ADANINABY TIP
The Administrator and staff from the Snowy Monaro Council's Waste Department will meet with businesses and community members serviced by the Adaminaby Tip.
Where: The meeting room of the Adaminaby Hall, cnr Denison and York Streets, Adaminaby
Please contact the Secretary for further information.
M: 0408 33 83 63 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. On Monday 20th June @ 5.30pm Dean Lynch the Snowy Monaro Regional Council's new Administrator, met with Chamber members in the small dining room of the SnowGoose Hotel. This was a very positive, well attended meeting, where businesses and community groups heard about the changes and exciting prospects for the future of the new Shire.
4. On Tuesday 7th June, Diane ( Chair & right) and Jan (Secretary & left), met with the new Regional President of the NSW Business Chamber, Orit Winters (centre) and Gary Ryan, the Regional Manager. They discussed working with the new Snowy Monaro Regional Council and the importance of the role Chambers would play in this.
5. In Cooma on Tues.24th May Jan (the Secretary) received a Monaro Service award from John Barilaro MLA (rhs) and Bronny Taylor MLC (lhs). This acknowledges the importance of the work done by the Lake Eucumbene Chamber, not only for this region, but for the whole of the Monaro.
6. The Lake Eucumbene Chamber of Commerce held its AGM on Tuesday 26th April 2016 commencing at 6pm in the small dining room of the Snow Goose Hotel, Denision Street Adaminaby. The office bearers agreed to fill their positions for another year.
7. John Barilaro MLA, our local State member for Monaro, visited Adaminaby on Friday 4th March arriving at 11am. He came to meet Chamber members to visit the Adaminaby Pool and meet with local businesses. He met with members from 12 noon.
Wed. 15th July 2015
Peter Hendy MP, the Federal member for Eden-Monaro, was in Adaminaby to meet with local business owners and constituents:
- 10.30am street walk meeting the local businesses;
11.30am 'Listening Post' with locals;
where: small dining room of the Snow Goose Hotel
1.30pm visited the Adaminaby Snowy Scheme Museum
Federal Government $100M MOBILE PHONE BLACKSPOT Program:
Eden-Monaro's Federal member, Dr. Peter Hendy, announced that funding from Round 1 had been secured to build a tower at Anglers Reach to provide mobile coverage around Lake Eucumbene. The LECC is delighted to hear that a tower is also to be built at Dalgety.
In February 2014, working with the Snowy River Shire Council, the LECC submitted a detailed submission to the Federal Department of Communications to address blackspot issues in the Lake Eucumbene region as did the Anglers Reach and Old Adaminaby Progress Association. It will be of great benefit to all businesses situated around the Lake that this has been achieved and the Chamber is delighted with this result. Read more on the Community News page.
FREE membership for Chamber members of the NSW Business Chamber's Chamber Alliance Program:
As part of the LECC"s new Small Business Outreach Program, the Executive Committee recently initiated a meeting with the representative of the Capital Far South Region of the NSW Business Chamber. The complex issues facing small businesses in the Snowy Mountains were discussed and the Executive is delighted to announce that these are some of the benefits now available to LECC members:
- Free calls to the NSW Business Chamber's business support hotline;
- 3 free calls to NSW Chamber for legal, industrial relations or marketing advice;
- Business information and document templates, via member login to the NSW Chamber website:
- Optional free NRMA Business Motoring affiliate membership: advice on vehicle purchases & maintenance, plus discounts on many NRMA services;
- Energy offers: market-leading energy rates through the Better Energy Manager Program.
Read more about the benefits. Each Chamber member will receive an email on how to access them.
You can also visit the NSW Business Chamber website to find out more about how it can help your business, and about the NRMA Business Motoring membership offer.
These benefits are available to all LECC members at no cost, and at minimal cost to our Chamber.
Members of the Chamber are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Jane on April 25th. She gave unstintingly of her time and effort and played a pivotal role in the Chamber.
a. Jane and her husband's business was located at Adaminaby's Kennedy Airfield and they joined the Chamber in early 2008;
b. In October 2008 Jane was elected Chairman. During that time she worked tirelessly to involve local businesses and community organizations with the Chamber;
c. In March 2010 Jane stepped down as Chairman and took on the role of Secretary. She continued in that role until Sept. 2013;
d. From 2010 she served as Chair and Secretary of 'The Friends of the Fish' Committee, a sub-committee of the Chamber. The Committee' s role was to find the funds for the renovation of Adaminaby's iconic 'Big Trout' and also raise awareness of the importance of the 'Big Trout' for the businesses of this area.
She succeeded admirably and was instrumental in raising a total of $52K for this Project. The rejuvenated 'Big Trout' was officially unveiled on Sat. 2nd November 2013.
The Chamber extends its condolences to her family and will miss Jane's cheerfulness and her commitment to community service.
a. Developing a Small Business Outreach Program that addresses the specific issues confronting the small/micro businesses of the Adaminaby - Lake Eucumbene region;
b. Updating the LECC's June 2010 'Adaminaby Economic Action Plan';
c. Website: continued improvement and development;
Contribute to this site
d. Increasing membership of local businesses.
a. Annual General Meeting was held on Wed. 21st January.
b. Meeting held on Wed. 22nd April in the small dining room of the Snow Goose Hotel:
i) 5.00pm short General Business meeting - members only:
ii) 5.30 pm local small business owners were invited. The guest speaker was Neil Thew, EO of Tourism Snowy Mountains. He spoke about TSM and its 2015-16 campaign featuring FLY FISHING.
- Meetings: 29/01/14; 05/04/14; 27/07/14;
- Website Redevelopment:
- A local web developer contracted to to combine visitadaminaby.com.au and eucumbenechamber.org.au sites to create a new mobile/tablet friendly website for the Lake Eucumbene - Adaminaby region.
- The new website to be wide reaching, efficient tool for local business members to distribute information, as well as a source of information for tourists and visitors to the area.
Sub-committee meetings: 08/03/14; 03/04/14; 14/05/14; 12/06/14; 24/09/14.
- Detailed submission sent in February to Federal Department of Communications for Mobile Coverage Program stage 2: $20 million Mobile Black Spots Project in consultation with Snowy River Shire Council.
- $52K in total raised by 'Big Trout' subcommittee for Big Trout restoration. This included $31K from public donations, $11K from NSW Government and $10K from Snowy River Shire Council;
- $26K funding gained by 'Heritage Trail' subcommittee. This subcommittee set up signed trail with explanatory brochure in Adaminaby with additional signage in Old Adaminaby and Anglers Reach.
- Official Event on Sat. 02/11/2013 when refurbished 'Big Trout' re-opened and new Heritage Trails opened. Official guests included state members of parliament, Snowy River Shire Council's Mayor and the chair of Tourism Snowy Mountains.
Read about the Chamber's achievements since 2002 - over $300K of funding for local projects. The Chamber has worked hard to bring these benefits to the Adaminaby - Lake Eucumbene region.
All local businesses are encouraged to join the Chamber and work together to help our businesses, our local economy and our future.
Lake Eucumbene Chamber of Commerce (Inc.)
c/- The Secretary,
2 Lett Street,
Adaminaby NSW 2629
Email us: email@example.com