Owner of website
This website (Site) is owned by Lake Eucumbene Chamber of Commerce Inc (LECC), ABN 34 892 647 464 (we, us, our).
Purpose of website
- to promote Adaminaby and Lake Eucumbene region (defined as the area north west of Lake Eucumbene extending from Providence Portal, the villages of Anglers Reach and Old Adaminaby, the township of Adaminaby, the area on both sides of the Snowy Mountains Highway to the junction with Middlingbank Road, and the area north of Adaminaby up to and including the locality of Yaouk);
- to provide information on the region & events for locals, visitors and potential residents;
- to provide a business and community website service.
Your consent, licence, changes, privacy
We grant you a non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable, worldwide, non-transferable licence to use our Site in accordance with these Terms. All other uses are prohibited without our prior written permission.
We may, at any time and at our discretion, vary these Terms by publishing the varied terms on our Site. These Terms are effective until terminated by us, which we may do at any time and without notice to you. In the event of termination, all restrictions imposed on you by these Terms and limitations of liability set out in these Terms will survive.
The website relies on accurate, up to date information. Where possible, material should be reviewed by a knowledgeable person and referenced before submitting it for publication.
We recognise that there are divergent views on topics such as the move from the old town, Lake water level management, grazing in national parks etc. These differences are part of our community. LECC is an organisation which offers membership to all businesses and does not limit the fair presentation of different viewpoints through the website on contentious issues. However, the website is intended to promote the region and encourage community cohesion. Articles, listing content and items which we or our representatives maintaining this website believe to be distorted, or unnecessarily negative or divisive in tone will be rejected or edited.
Any individual, business or organisation submitting information for an event, business or other listing undertakes to notify us promptly in writing, of any changes to information published on the website.
Submissions for webpages, including blog articles, items and comments, must meet our and webhosting provider SuttonNet's standards for acceptable content. For webpages managed by other local organisations under agreement with us, submissions must also meet the relevant organisation's standards. Material which does not, in the view of those undertaking website maintenance, meet those standards will (at their discretion) be rejected, edited or returned to contributors for further editing.
- We or our representative reserve the right to edit, re-arrange or restyle material as it sees fit, in order to best present information on the area and to maintain the readability, appearance, quality and functionality of the website. LECC and/or SuttonNet may reject or replace images which are not of suitable size or quality.
- We will not publish web content that, in its judgment, is unsuitable for publication and/or may be damaging to individuals or to the local community.
- SuttonNet requires the websites which it hosts to be fit for a child to read and/or view.
- General legal requirements for website content include:
- not engaging in or encouraging illegal activity
- not infringing any privacy, copyright, trademark or proprietary rights
- not publishing libellous, abusive or obscene material.
Conduct we don't accept
When you use our Site, you must not do or attempt to do anything that is unlawful, which is prohibited by any laws applicable to our Site, which we would consider inappropriate or which might bring us or our Site into disrepute. This includes:
- anything that would constitute a breach of an individual's privacy (including uploading private or personal information without an individual's consent) or any other legal rights;
- using our Site to defame any person;
- interfering with any user of our Site;
- tampering with or modifying our Site, knowingly transmitting viruses or other disabling features, or damaging or interfering with our Site, including (without limitation) using trojan horses, viruses or piracy or programming routines that may damage or interfere with our Site;
- using our Site to send unsolicited electronic messages; or
- facilitating or assisting a third party to do any of the above acts.
If you breach our standard of behaviour then we may, in our sole discretion, take any of the following actions: suspend or terminate your account, limit your access to our Site and ability to upload content, or require you to delete offending content.
Our Content is not comprehensive and is for general information purposes only. Our Content does not take into account your specific needs, objectives or circumstances, and it is not advice.
Materials and information on this Site (Content) are subject to change without notice. We do not undertake to keep our Site up-to-date and we are not liable if any Content is inaccurate or out-of-date.
While we use reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of our Content, we make no representation or warranty in relation to it, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise indicated, we own or license all rights, title and interest (including intellectual property rights) in our Site and all of our Content.
We may feature Content that we do not own the intellectual property rights to (Borrowed Content). Such content will be clearly marked as such. Your use of our Site and your use of and access to any Content (including any Borrowed Content) does not grant or transfer to you any rights, title or interest in relation to our Site, our Content, or the Borrowed Content.
In relation to the Borrowed Content, you must not:
- copy or use, in whole or in part, any Borrowed Content;
- reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any Borrowed Content to any third party; or
- breach any intellectual property rights connected with our Site, the Borrowed Content, including (without limitation) altering or modifying any of the Borrowed Content, causing any of the Borrowed Content to be framed or embedded in another website or platform, or creating derivative works from the Borrowed Content.
You must not breach any intellectual property rights connected with our Site, or the Content, including (without limitation) altering or modifying any of the Content. You may use the Content under the fair dealing exceptions to copyright infringement under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
You agree that when using our Content, to attribute the Content to us and where possible, to include a link to the original Content on our Site.
If you make any User Content available on or through our Site (including comments on blog posts), you grant to us a royalty-free licence to use the User Content for the purpose of publicly displaying the User Content on our Site. You own all intellectual property rights (including copyright) in the User Content, and are free to remove the User Content at any time.
You agree that you are solely responsible for all User Content that you make available on or through our Site. You represent and warrant that:
- you are either the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or you have all rights, licences, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to us the rights in such User Content (as contemplated by these Terms);
- neither the User Content nor the posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmission of the User Content or our use of the User Content on, through or by means of our Site will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party's intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation; and
- you have read these Terms and agree to adhere to them when submitting User Content. We may vary our policies from time to time.
We do not endorse or approve any User Content. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for any User Content. We may, at any time (at our sole discretion), remove or edit any User Content.
Third party sites
Our Site contains links to websites operated by third parties. Unless we tell you otherwise, we do not control, endorse or approve, and are not responsible for, the content on those websites.
If we discontinue our Site
We may, at any time and without notice to you, discontinue our Site, in whole or in part. We may also exclude any person from using our Site, at any time and at our sole discretion. We are not responsible for any Liability you may suffer arising from or in connection with any such discontinuance or exclusion.
Warranties & disclaimers, limited liability, indemnity
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we make no representations or warranties about our Site or our Content, including (without limitation) that they are complete, accurate, reliable, up-to-date and suitable for any particular purpose; that access will be uninterrupted, error-free or free from viruses; or that our Site will be secure.
You read, use and act on our Site and our Content at your own risk.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for any loss, damage or expense, howsoever arising, whether direct or indirect and/or whether present, unascertained, future or contingent (Liability) suffered by you or any third party, arising from or in connection with your use of our Site and/or our Content and/or any inaccessibility of, interruption to or outage of our Site and/or any loss or corruption of data and/or the fact that our Content is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you must indemnify us, and hold us harmless, against any Liability suffered or incurred by us arising from or in connection with your use of our Site or any breach of these Terms or any applicable laws by you. This indemnity is a continuing obligation, independent from the other obligations under these Terms, and continues after these Terms end. It is not necessary for us to suffer or incur any Liability before enforcing a right of indemnity under these Terms.
In the event of any dispute arising from, or in connection with, these Terms (Dispute), the party claiming there is a Dispute must give written notice to the other party setting out the details of the Dispute and proposing a resolution. Within 7 days after receiving the notice, the parties must, by their senior executives or senior managers (who have the authority to reach a resolution on behalf of the party), meet at least once to attempt to resolve the Dispute or agree on the method of resolving the Dispute by other means, in good faith. All aspects of every such conference, except the fact of the occurrence of the conference, will be privileged.
If the parties do not resolve the Dispute, or (if the Dispute is not resolved) agree on an alternate method to resolve the Dispute, within 21 days after receipt of the notice, the Dispute may be referred by either party (by notice in writing to the other party) to litigation.
If a part of these Terms isn't right
If a provision of these Terms is held to be void, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision must be read down as narrowly as necessary to allow it to be valid or enforceable. If it is not possible to read down a provision (in whole or in part), that provision (or that part of that provision) is severed from these Terms without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder of that provision or the other provisions in these Terms.
Laws governing these Terms
Your use of our Site and these Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in New South Wales and any courts entitled to hear appeals from those courts and waive any right to object to proceedings being brought in those courts.
Our Site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. We make no representation that our Site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access our Site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws of the jurisdiction where you access our Site.
For any questions and notices, please contact us at:
Lake Eucumbene Chamber of Commerce Inc
Last updated 17 September 2021