Snow Fun for All the Family
Kosciuszko National Park IS open for snow play, sightseeing, cross country skiing and other snow activities in 2020. Some restrictions apply.
You will need to plan ahead and meet extra regulations, due to the impact of last summer's bushfires and the COVID-19 restrictions.
Before you leave home for snow fun:
- read the 2020 snow season FAQs from the National Parks & Wildlife Service thoroughly;
- book lift tickets and accommodation. Even campgrounds inside the Park require prior bookings;
- lodge a Trip Intention Form if you will go backcountry to ski, snowshoe or snowboard;
- check for road closures on the Live Traffic website;
- check for alerts on the Kosciuszko National Park page of the NPWS website;
- check local weather and snow conditions before leaving home. Snow depths vary from year to year and throughout the season.
You can hire snow gear and snow chains here in Adaminaby.
As at 23 June 2020, tobogganing, sledding and snowtubing are NOT allowed in Kosciuszko National Park. This is due to physical distancing rules to limit spread of COVID-19.
2020 Bushfire Damage to Selwyn Snow Resort
The Blyton Group, owner of Selwyn Snow Resort, announced that due to the extent of the damage sustained, Selwyn Snow Resort will not be open for the 2020 snow season.
There is much to be done before the resort is rebuilt as "an even better Selwyn".
Selwyn Snow Resort 2020 Season Pass holders will able to transfer their Season Pass to Charlotte Pass Snow Resort at no additional cost, or receive a full refund of payments made before 6/2/20.
For more info & updates, visit Selwyn Snow Resort's website.
Adaminaby is just over half an hour's drive from Selwyn Snow Resort and nearby cross country skiing and snow play areas:
- cross country skiing
- snow tubing
- snow play.