Snow Fun for All the Family
Adaminaby is just over half an hour's drive from Kiandra, Selwyn Snow Resort and nearby cross country skiing and snow play areas:
- downhill skiing
- cross country skiing
- snow tubing
- snow play.
There is often enough winter - early spring snow in the northern end of Kosciuszko National
Park (outside the Selwyn Snow Resort) for snow play & sightseeing. After good snowfalls, you can also go tobogganing and cross country skiing.
Get ready for snow fun:
- check local weather reports and snow conditions
- you can hire ski/snowboard gear, toboggans and snow chains here in Adaminaby
- to enter Selwyn Resort: buy your Kosciuszko National Park pass beforehand. You'll go through much faster at the park entry (just past the turnoff from Snowy Mtns Hwy toward Selwyn Snow Resort)
- or park your car safely off the road at Kiandra, and enjoy the snow without paying for park entry or lift tickets
- ensure your vehicle is in good order for winter driving
- book accommodation
- you can lodge a Trip Intention Form before cross country skiing in remote areas.
Check for road closures on the Live Traffic website and also check for alerts on the Kosciuszko National Park page of the NPWS website. Remember that with Snowy 2.0 construction underway, there is more heavy traffic than usual on the Snowy Mtns Hwy. Allow some extra travel time and be patient on the roads!
Selwyn Snow Resort to Open in 2023
Selwyn announced in mid June 2022 that:
- generous early snowfalls delayed the rebuild of the resort
- it will remain closed during 2022
- they hope to re-open in the 2023 snow season.
For more info & updates, visit Selwyn Snow Resort's website.