The Rosella Recorder
Excerpts in text and image from local nesting box diaries for crimson rosellas in the Adaminaby, Old Adaminaby and Anglers Reach district from spring 2021 onwards.
Nesting boxes are set up at the local school, private homes and other locations. Residents and visitors can observe and enjoy our rosella families. More nesting sites are now available for the many crimson rosella pairs which favour this region to raise their young. Learn more about crimson rosellas here.
Get a nesting box
To set up a nesting box for rosellas at your own home or workplace, simply email LECA to order a box or ask for plans to build your own.
If you like to DIY, it's important to follow guidelines for crimson rosella nest box design. Otherwise your nesting box might attract other birds, or a family of possums. Worse, it could be raided by predators reaching into the box.
Tell us about your local rosellas
- Anyone participating in the nesting box project can send in items from their diary for publication on this website. Just use the link supplied to you when you contacted LECA to join the project.
- Readers are welcome to add their comments via the form below.
- See our guidelines for contributors (below).
Posting software for this webpage is being developed now. In the meantime, please submit any comments for the Rosella Recorder via this form.
- This is a community and family tourism website. Be courteous and constructive. No trolls, abusive or derogatory comments or foul language.
- All diary entries and comments are subject to monitoring before publication. You agree to accept the moderator's decision.
- Lake Eucumbene Chamber of Commerce Inc (owner of this website), Lake Eucumbene Community Association Inc & the webhost SuttonNet reserve the right to edit, delete or refuse to publish comments & diary excerpts, in accordance with Australian laws, webhosting Terms and the Terms of Service of this website.
This webpage has been constructed for the Lake Eucumbene Community
Association Inc (LECA) under LECA's rosella nesting box initiative. Read
more about the project and its aims here. Diary excerpts and comments are monitored & published by the website developer SuttonNet under contract to Lake Eucumbene Community Association Inc. This is a temporary page; customised software for this project is currently under development.