Adaminaby, a Town for Four Seasons
Adaminaby and the villages of Old Adaminaby, Anglers Reach and Providence Portal on Lake Eucumbene are set among the rolling high plains in the Snowy Mountains NSW and at the doorstep to Kosciuszko National Park.
At an elevation of over 1000 metres, Adaminaby is truly "a town for four seasons", with mild summers; autumns with clear blue skies and the brilliance of multi-coloured foliage; winters white with morning frost followed by bright days; and spring replete with daffodils, apple and plum blossoms and newborn lambs.
Adaminaby and Lake Eucumbene have much to do and see:
- skiing, snowboarding and snow play
- mountain scenery, flora and fauna
- history of the Snowy Mountains, Kiandra goldfields and the Snowy Mountains Scheme
- high country lifestyle less than 2½ hours from Canberra and the Sapphire Coast.
Come and join us for your Snowy Mountains experience.
2020 Snow Season
Kosciuszko National Park (KNP) is open to snow visitors, with special regulations due to bushfire damage and COVID-19.
Read the full 2020 Snow Season FAQs from NPWS and plan ahead to make your snow holiday a winner.
Parts of KNP are still closed after the bushfires. Go to the official website to check out which areas are open.
Here are some 2020 pointers before you head off to the snow:
Snow play (sightseeing, building snowmen etc) is permitted in KNP; but only outside the resort areas, to avoid crowding;
- Visitors outside resort areas are responsible for their own safe parking, observing COVID-19 physical distancing etc;
- No tobogganing, sledding or snowtubing in KNP;
- Back country activities (X-C ski, snowshoe, snowboard) require a Trip Intention Form;
- Resorts open on different dates, beginning 22 June;
Pre-book to visit any resort;
- Selwyn Snowfields will not open in 2020, due to bushfire damage;
- Vehicle entry stations & NPWS Perisher office accept card payments only: not cash.
LECC, along with Chambers from all around the district have been consulting with Snowy Hydro about what to expect from Snowy 2.0. We are excited for what is to come and want to help your business be Snowy ready. Not only for Snowy 2.0 but for a better economic future. For more info on Snowy Hydro, visit their website or our Snowy 2.0 page. Contact the Chamber for more information about how we can help you and your business.