Adaminaby, a Town for Four Seasons
Adaminaby and the villages of Old Adaminaby, Anglers Reach and Providence Portal on Lake Eucumbene are set among the rolling high plains in the Snowy Mountains NSW and at the doorstep to Kosciuszko National Park.
At an elevation of over 1000 metres, Adaminaby is truly "a town for four seasons", with mild summers; autumns with clear blue skies and the brilliance of multi-coloured foliage; winters white with morning frost followed by bright days; and spring replete with daffodils, apple and plum blossoms and newborn lambs.
Adaminaby and Lake Eucumbene have much to do and see:
- skiing, snowboarding and snow play
- mountain scenery, flora and fauna
- history of the Snowy Mountains, Kiandra goldfields and the Snowy Mountains Scheme
- high country lifestyle less than 2½ hours from Canberra and the Sapphire Coast.
Come and join us for your Snowy Mountains experience.
Two of the caves are currently open:
- South Glory Cave, which is a self-guided tour. NOTE: This cave can only be access via the river walk as there is storm damage in the 'Elm grove' (the start of the walking track to South Glory Cave)
- Jillabenan Cave, which is a guided tour at 10am, 11am, 1pm and 2pm.
Book tickets at nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/yarrangobilly-caves-tours.
Accommodation - Yarrangobilly's Caves House has partially reopened. The 1901 section is now open, as well as Lyrebird Cottage. Please check the accommodation options at nswparks.info/yarrangobillystay. If you have any issues booking, phone 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS).
Bridge to BBQ area has been replaced after the fires, so there is now vehicle access to the BBQ area.
The Visitor Centre is open 9am-5pm daily. Walking tracks, thermal pool, lookouts and toilets/amenities, picnic and BBQ areas are open.
Rosellas - watch this space
Rosella nestbox and nesting diary project is expanding. There'll be a blog on this website from spring 2021 with stories of local nesting pairs, chick hatchings and growth. Visit the Rosellas page to find out how to obtain a nesting box or to learn more about the crimson rosellas which nest in this area.
Snowy 2.0 Update
Do you run a business in the Adaminaby - Lake Eucumbene - Shannons Flat - Yaouk district? Advertise on this website.
This opportunity is available to local businesses of all sorts: retail, accommodation, primary producers, home based & online enterprises, startups or long-established.
Link to your own website or Facebook page, for added exposure.