Here we keep everyone informed about projects, ideas and successes/hiccups in improving our infrastructure and growing our local economy.
This is a page for people to:
- hear about projects underway or being planned
- volunteer to help out on project
- get their good ideas heard
- give voice to problems or frustrations with 'the powers that be', to resolve them.
This webpage isn't about airing ancient grievances. It's about helping better things happen in future.
What's Next for Adaminaby Playground?
The playground on the Snowy Mountains Highway is to get a much needed facelift.
The work is scheduled for completion by 21 September 2018.
More local projects underway or coming up: proposed completion dates in brackets:
- more signage for Old Adaminaby (15/12/17)
- streetscape work in Adaminaby (25/1/19)
- upgrade of Adaminaby School of Arts toilets (1/6/18)
- a new pump for Adaminaby pool (14/9/18).
To have some input into local projects planned by the Council, visit the council website and complete the survey.
Developing a Better Place to Live, Work & Visit
We'd like to publish news of project(s) planned or underway in this area.
Contact us with:
- what you would like to see, and what is already happening, to make Adaminaby - Lake Eucumbene - Shannons Flat area a better place to be
- your experiences (good or bad) with Council, State Government or other sources of funding/approvals/assistance.
The local Chamber of Commerce especially wants to develop a strong working relationship between our community and the Snowy Monaro Regional Council. That will mean better outcomes for all.
Good relationships don't come easy. There is plenty of work ahead to build a strong district under a new Council. We will all need to work at:
- our attitudes
- how we communicate
- getting rid of any 'them vs us' mentality.